If i block someone on Facebook can i still see their profile? Well, luck is on your side for you have landed on the correct place. Here we will tell you everything that happens after blocking someone on that social networking site.
If i block someone on Facebook can i still see their profile
- Once you block a person, you deny them the access to view your profile, and also bar yourself from viewing their’s. The only way you could see their profile again is by unblocking them. But be careful when you unblock, because you will not be able to block that person again for the next 48 hours. And if you are blocking someone who is on your “Friends” list, I hope you know that you will no longer be “Friends” with that person even if you Unblock him/her later. And will have to send a Friend request again. Hope that was helpful.
- block someone or someone else’s block you, in both the cases you can’t see each others posts.
- you need to have a private profile. If you have kept your posts open to all, then even if someone is blocked he can see your posts.
The only difference will be that the blocked person won’t be able to interact with you / contact you through Facebook.
- Photos: You might see photos or tags of the blocked person added by other people.
- Groups: Someone you’ve blocked won’t be able to add you to a group, but you’ll be able to see groups that the blocked person created or is a member of.
- Event: Someone you’ve blocked won’t be able to invite you to an event, but you’ll be able to see events to which both you and the blocked person are invited.
WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD POSTS, COMMENTS, LIKES, ETC
When you block someone, your old posts and comments are hidden from their view — be it on their timeline or anywhere else. Similarly, their posts, comments, likes, etc. will vanish from your feed. Everything between you and the blocked person will disappear from your point of view. However, all those things will still be visible to others.
WHAT ABOUT NEW POSTS, COMMENTS, LIKES
Blocking someone practically hides your profile from each other. You aren’t able to access their Facebook profile page at all. So neither you nor the blocked person will be able to create a new post on each other’s timeline.
Similarly, both of you won’t be able to see each other’s posts and comments on mutual pages.
WHAT HAPPENS TO SHARED PHOTO OR POST BY MUTUAL FRIENDS
Once you block someone, you won’t be able to read each other’s comments even though both of you will be able to comment on a mutual friend’s post or photo. That’s because after blocking Facebook hides your profile from each other.
If your mutual friend posts a photo of you or the person you have blocked (with or without tag), both of you will be able to see the picture since the content belongs to the mutual friend.
Now if a mutual friend shares a post or photo from your wall on his/her wall, what happens then? In that case, the blocked person won’t see the content of the shared post.
WHAT ABOUT COMMON GROUPS :
Things are slightly different for groups. While you or the blocked person won’t be able to add the other person to a new group, you will still remain part of common groups. And strangely, the blocked person can see your comments and posts in common groups, but you cannot view anything related to them (posts, comments, likes, etc.). Those things are hidden.
CAN BLOCKED PERSON ACCESS YOUR PROFILE THROUGH GOOGLE SEARCH :
Facebook profiles are available through Google search results too, unless you have changed the privacy settings and hidden your profile from search results.
So if you have blocked the person and they search your name in Google or some other search engine, they will be able to see your profile link (URL) but if they are logged in, they won’t be able to see your profile. If they log out from their profile, they will be able to see your public profile or whatever is public on your profile.
Viewing a Blocked Profile When You Know The URL ;
- Log out of your Facebook account.
- Click the address bar at the top of the screen. Erase any Web address that is currently listed.
- Enter the URL of the Facebook account that you suspect has blocked you. The URL looks like this:
“www.facebook.com/name,” where “name” is replaced with the account you are checking. If you do not know the URL, there is no way to find it.
- Press “Enter” to view that person’s Facebook page. If the person’s Facebook page appears, that person has blocked you. If you receive a Facebook error, the account is deleted.
Viewing A Blocked Profile If You Don’t Have The URL ;
- Log out of your Facebook account.
- Navigate to any search engine.
- Enter the name of the person or business you are trying to find. Try “name facebook” and replace “name” with the name of the person or business. While you can block someone on Facebook, you cannot block them from viewing your page from an outside source.
- Scroll through the found entries. If you find their Facebook account, it is a sign that they blocked you. If the account does not appear at all, they have deleted their account .
Facebook is a social networking website that connects friends and families from all over the world. However, Facebook also has a use for a small business; Facebook can connect you with your customers, your employees, your clients and other businesses. In addition, many businesses now use Facebook for things that you normally would need a public relations company for. Product announcements, product recalls and special deals can all be announced on your Facebook page.
Blocking someone on Facebook disconnects them from you, in a virtual way. That is, you no longer exist to them and vice versa. It has other downsides too. I would suggest either unfriending the person or restricting your profile to them before taking the harsh step of block. It may help those who have doubt about If i block someone on Facebook can i still see their profile.