We all do this mistake once or maybe much time in life. To forget or lost the Facebook password is very common. But very few people know how to recover the lost and forgotten password of Facebook. If you are the one who lost his/her Facebook password and don’t know how to recover it, then don’t worry in this article you are going to learn about two ways in which you can recover your Facebook password. The first way is quite official and the second way is not that official. The second way may lead to some other security threats but in case if the first way didn’t work then you have no other option rather than trying the second way. Therefore, you can try the second way also.
How to find Lost or Forgotten Facebook password ?
Way 1 – Reset the Facebook login password
This is a very easy method to recover your forgotten and lost password. All we can say that in this way you are going to reset your Facebook password. But this way works only if you have your email and phone number which is associated with your Facebook account. Follow the following steps:
- Open your Facebook and you will find a login option there. Below that option, there is another option of forgot the password. Click on it.
- After clicking, a page will open on your screen which will ask your email address or your phone number. Click the one which you are very sure about. Usually, the phone number is the easiest option but if you don’t have any phone number or in case you forgot your phone number, then you can also use an email address that is associated with your Facebook account.
- Let’s suppose you choose the email method. Facebook will send an email to your account and you get the option of “no longer have access” in the mail. You have to click that option if you feel like you no longer have access to the original Facebook account. It
is important to click the no longer because Facebook needs proof that you are the real
owner of the account.
- When you click it the Facebook will give you access to reset your password.
Way 2 – setting a new password to your Facebook account
In case you have access to the recovery method associated with your Facebook account then you need to follow this method.
- This method is quite the same as the first method. You have to repeat a few steps of the first method, like click on forgot password and Facebook will ask your number associated with the Facebook account.
- After you fill your number, they will give you plenty of options for your account recovery. Like you will find the option of sending code on your email address or on your mobile number or they will also give you the option to tell you the code via phone call.
- Facebook will provide you an option for the filling of code. You have to fill the code in that option.
- Once you fill the code you will find an option of the new password there. Fill your new password and confirm it by filling the same password right below the new password.
- Press confirm and you are already to use your new password for the Facebook account for.
These are the two methods which can recover your lost and forgotten Facebook password.
There are other method also but these two are best according to the safety because of the
safety issues. I hope this method will help you somehow.