PayPal is the most reliable platform for transactions between unknown peoples all over the world. Being the most famous and used all over it can be fake sometimes. There no such regulation by the app that everyone can here be genuine and true. There might be few fake people who are using it for hacking or doing unethical things. There might come a situation where you connect with the wrong person and want to bock. You might wonder if it is possible to block a user on PayPal or not. If it is possible then how to block someone on PayPal.
Can you block someone on PayPal?
So, if you are also facing certain situations wherein you want to stop receiving payments or money requests from any users or if you feel someone frauds. Yes, you can block someone on PayPal by just following the below mentioned steps under various types of accounts.
You can hold on the following process of blocking someone and making particular changes depending on your account;
How to block someone on PayPal with Individual or personal account
Although currently, PayPal’s personal or individual account does not provide any feature of blocking a user. It means there is no official way to block someone, instead, you can ignore the person who is sending, requesting you for money, or communicating with you.
If the person is sensing payment notes in excess or that making your irritated. Firstly you can sort it with the user itself. if then also you are receiving what you can is to contact PayPal support. To raise your concern for the excessively and continuously receiving payment notes from an unknown user.
PayPal contact number: 1800-419-9833
Or contact via PayPal help center
How to block someone on PayPal with Business Account
For a business account, PayPal provides a complete feature to block someone. You can use the following steps if you want to block someone if they are sending money or requesting money from you.
When you are Receiving Money from a stranger
If you are using PayPal business account and receiving useless money from any stranger then you can block payments and limit it to specific senders. Or add instruction related to who should pay you and who should not. Follow these following steps to block receiving of money from any unknown on your business account:
- Log in to your PayPal business account.
- Go to its Settings > Scroll to the heading “Selling Tools”.
- Under the selling tool go to the Getting Paid and Managing My risks heading, click on the “Update” button to “Block payments”.
- You will see a screen, from there you can change the currency settings and change the control settings to “Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold” Option.
- Tap on “Block accidental payments”, When you have duplicate invoice ID. By tapping on this option, it will block payment with any duplicate invoice IDs.
- Tap “Block payments from users who” after sub tagging then, If the payment was initiated using “pay anyone”
When Requesting Money
Alternatively, if someone is excessive or continuously requesting you for payment on your business account you can block people like this so that you don’t get much money request from strangers.
To achieve this follow the following steps;
- Choose Tools in the menu option and then select “Request”.
- After the request tab appears on your screen, you can add an email address if they have been registered with the email accounts on PayPal.
- By this, you can control the requests from strangers for money.
If you want to avoid spamming and avoid unknown contacts. You can use these methods to control payments on PayPal account. Although you might not be able to function it over personal account but over the business account. If you are still unable to solve your problem you can resolve your query related to anything you can call on 1800-419-9833 them or post your query on the PayPal community.