Snapchat today is the most used app for sharing snaps and its variety of filters allows it to grow its user base. When we talk about snaps and images the most important thing that came to our mind is a security concern. Snapchat has provided the best feature to protect your privacy from saving Snapchat. This new feature “My Eyes Only” provides its users to protect their selfies and videos with a password. Though it’s a new feature and you might not be knowing much about this feature. Many people don’t know all the settings of this feature and still face a problem with this feature. People wonder what will happen to their snaps if they forget their password.
This feature is really exciting and provides an ultra safety feature. This not only provides safety to your pictures and videos. But this feature also hides them from getting seen while any third-party is scrolling from your memories section.
Here are easy ways that will help you in how to change my eyes only password whether you know the old password or not.
Although it is not possible to get the old password if you forget. But if you know your old password and want to change it. If you have any suspicion that someone knows and wants to change for the safer side than you can use this way.
How to change my eyes only password
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat application from your application drawer and log in to your account using your credentials.
- Step 2: In your Snapchat profile camera section will open, swipe up to the memories section where all your snaps are stored.
- Step 3: There you will see the “My Eye Only” option. If not go and make it active.
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘My Eyes Only’ button or swipe to open the tab that will ask you for the My Eyes Only password.
- Step 5: Now hit the “option” tab on the right bottom of the page. Tap over the change passcode(if you remember the old password) option present on your screen.
- Step 6: After hitting that button the screen would ask you for your current password. Enter in the space all the things require an old password and new password.
- Step 7: it will then ask you to confirm by hitting the continue tab.
Congratulation, it’s done. Now you can open this feature with the new passcode you have set.
How to change my eyes only password, when you know your old password.
If you forget your old passcode recovering old pictures or videos is not possible. Due to the Snapchat security polices they delete old snaps before recovering and giving you and new passcode. You can regenerate the new passcode again, but won’t be able to access your old snaps and stories.
All the steps are the same until step 4. Open > login > open memories section > slide to “My Eyes Only”. After these follow these steps.
- Step 1: Now hit the “option” tab on the right bottom of the page. Tap over the forgot passcode(if you remember the old password) option present on your screen.
- Step 2: They will ask you for your Snapchat account password.
- Step 3: This will open a pop-up box asking the password for your Snapchat Account. Enter your Snapchat Account Password. But if you don’t know Snapchat password also change Snapchat passcode as well through your linked number or Gmail.
- Step 4: After that, follow the steps and Snapchat instructions of sending a link to your email and asking you to reset it and enter new code,
- Step 5: It will ask you for confirmation and delete all our older snaps in the safe vault. Hit the continue tab and its done.
I hope you find this article helpful for you if you have doubt about how to change my eyes only password.
Have a happy and safe snapping!