It can be tough to keep your personal information private online, but just a few clicks can keep your Facebook information from prying eyes. If you want to keep strangers (or even friends) from trawling through your friends list, it’s simple — as long as you know where to look. Here’s how to hide friend list on Facebook from mobile.
Facebook’s currency is you — you and all of your personal information. That’s one reason Facebook likes to keep most information about you public. By default, your profile information, posts, and even your friends are available for all to see.
In practice, it’s often convenient for your friends list to be public, because it can help people to find and connect with you, by verifying friends they also know.
If you prefer, you can restrict who can see your entire Friends list using Facebook’s privacy settings. You might not want everyone to see it, especially if you want to mask the identity of some friends from others. Or perhaps you just value your privacy and don’t want everyone to know who you’re connected to online.
How to hide friend list on Facebook from mobile
Setup on mobile is similar, but offers different customization options — instead of creating a completely custom list of people who can view your friends list, mobile offers a few extra pre-configured options. Here’s how to change the visibility of your friends list from your iPhone or Android device:
1. Open the Facebook app
2. Tap the menu icon (it looks like three horizontal lines) which is in the upper right for Android or in the lower right for iPhone
3. Tap Settings & Privacy
4. Tap Settings
5. Tap Privacy Settings
6. Tap “Who can see your friends list?” You’ll see several options, and can click More > See All for a full list of options. Select one option from this list:
- Public: Anyone can see your friends list
- Friends: Only your friends can see your friends list
- Only you: Only you can see your friends list
- Friends except: All friends except the friends you selected
- Specific friends: Only friends you’ve selected
- Specific lists: Next you’ll see groups of people listed, like close friends or friends in your area. Exactly what shows up here will vary, but will include lists of people you’re associated with. If you’d like to select more than one list, you can do so using the custom option on the website.
7. If you’ve selected Friends Except or Specific Friends, you need to click Done once you’ve selected the people you want to have access to your friends list.
8. Click the back button in the upper left to save your options and return to settings .
While this will hide your friends list, there are a few ways people can still uncover a few of your friends. When people visit your profile, they may see friends you have in common. Plus, if your friends have public friends lists, you’ll be visible there. This will help you lock down your privacy, but if your friends haven’t done the same, they may be able to piece together some clues with a simple search.
Making your friends list private from Facebook’s app
- When it comes to the social media, everyone is concerned about their online privacy. Having the friends in common (mutual friends) is one them.
- There are times when you need to hide friends list on Facebook from others like your friends and family. Doing so can be helpful in several situations.
- Let us take an example: For example, one of your friends do not have a good relationship with the other guy but you and the other guy are good friends. If you have an open friends list then everyone can see who you are friends on Facebook. However,
in this type of situation, it can cause conflict.
- So in times like that, it is quite necessary to hide Facebook friend list. Let us know if you agree with us.
- Also, one thing we forgot to mention. That is, it can also be beneficial for your friends that your friend list is not visible. Let us explain how. Some people in a blind run of getting the maximum friends on Facebook(Although the friends limit on Facebook is 5000), will send the friend requests to all peoples on your list(Probably to invite them all to like their Facebook page). This is not good and must be prevented.
Facebook is regularly updating its policies and adding new features to ensure that their users can get the best possible privacy protection. So let’s see how you can take advantage of these features:
FRIENDS ! AS I MENTIONED ALL THE CRITERIA ON HOW TO HIDE FRIEND LIST ON FACEBOOK FROM MOBILE . HOPE THAT ALL MY POINT IS CLEAR FOR ALL , SO I AM TAKING A LEAVE BY GIVING YOU ALL A FEW BONUS TIPS BELOW ;
Bonus Tip 1: You can also hide specific posts from certain peoples. You just need to change the privacy setting while publishing a photo/video/status on Facebook. This may come in quite handy when you don’t want your neighbors to know that you are dating their daughter. Just kidding .
Bonus Tip 2: If you are creating a group of all of your friends. Then instead of adding all of them manually, you can use a script to add all friends to the Facebook group.
Bonus Tip 3: To make your friends list private from Facebook’s iOS app, go to your profile, tap “Friends” below your profile picture, and tap the audience next to “Friends” to adjust who can see the Friends section of your profile.
Even if you set your Facebook Friends list to “Only Me,” it won’t ever be totally private. Facebook notes that since other people have the same choices available to them when they decide whether they want to share their Friends list or make it private, people may be able to see mutual friends when they go to your profile. Your Friends control who sees their friendships on their profiles, so if people can see your friendship on another profile, they’ll also be able to see it in the News Feed, search, and other places on Facebook.