Instagram has some very amazing features. Hiding photos is one of them. You may need to hide your photos for different reasons. Maybe you don’t want to see the previous holiday photos or you are going through a breakup and don’t want anyone to see your pictures with your ex. You may have some other reasons also. But in every case, you don’t have to delete the photos. You want to keep the photos for a nostalgia hit and don’t want to show others. Fortunately, Instagram allows you to do this. It is known as an archive.
The best part about this feature is that you can show the archive photo in your profile again at any time. In this article, we are going to tell you how to hide photos on Instagram without deleting and also how to recover those photos again to your profile. Both methods are given below:
How to hide photos on Instagram without deleting?
1. To archive photos on Instagram
Follow the given steps:
- Firstly you need to open your Instagram and if required then login to your account. Now tap on your profile icon. You will found it on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you tap on the icon, your profile along with all your photos will appear on the screen.
- Choose one photo you want to hide without deleting it. Tap on that photo and open it.
- On the top right corner of the photo, there will be three horizontal dots made. You need to press those dots.
- Now a small list will appear on the screen. You need to select an archive option from the list.
Once you have pressed the archive option, the post will disappear from your profile. Now one can see that photo. But in case if you have changed your mind ever and want to show that photo again in your profile then you need to follow the given instructions for this:
2. How to recover the archived photos?
In this method, you are going to know how to recover the archived photos. Steps are given below:
- Open your profile and if required then log in. Now tap on the icon of your profile made on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you tap the icon, your profile will appear on the screen.
- There will be three horizontal lines made on the top right corner of the screen. Press those lines.
- Now find a clock icon and press it. Open the left side of the top screen there will be story archive written. You need to press that. Once you press it, two options will appear on the screen.
- One is a story archive and another is story archive. Choose the post archive option.
- All your archived posts will appear on the screen. Tap on the photo you want to recover.
- Press their horizontal dots made on the top right corner of the photo.
- Choose show in profile option.
Once you have chosen this option, the archived photo will again display in the profile. Now everyone can see that photo in your profile. This is the only method for hiding and recovering the photo on Instagram without deleting it. There is no other method for this. I hope the concept of how to hide photos on Instagram without deleting it is clear to you.