Google proprietary image format webp is arguably the best format than JPG and PNG format. It is one of the best formats that are used by many popular websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Play store, and so on. The main reason behind its popularity is that it comes in so much smaller size without losing the quality of the image. The main upside with this format is that it also supports transparency like png format. Due to its popularity sometime we also need to use it o our project or somewhere else. So, most of the people used to ask me how to save webp as jpg.
There may be any reason behind webp to convert into jpg or any format. So, at this time what we can do is just convert it into another format. There are many methods to convert the webp into jpg. So today we are going to learn all this method to covert the webp into jpg. It is not so much hard to convert it science you learn then you can do it easily there is no science behind it.
How to save WEBP as JPG?
Webp is one of the most used formats in these days. The use of webp has also increased in the present year. If you are reading this post than I am sure that you work on the browser or website. These days webp gives you a better quality image without losing its quality which gives you plus points also it increases the website speed too if you work on it. So, there are many different methods to do so. But in this article, we are going to discuss 6 popular methods to convert webp image into jpg. The following are the top 6 methods to convert the image into jpg format:
In this method, we are going to edit the image using its URL and convert them into jpg. This is one of the popular and easy methods of saving webp images into jpg format. Webp images are mainly supported by Google. Browser like Mozilla Firefox and Safari doesn’t support it so with a simple trick we can easily convert it using its image address.
- Step 1: Open the Google chrome and browse the website where the webp images are.
- Step 2: Right click on the image and select on the copy link address option under the square menu.
- Step 3: Paste this new address in the new tab and remove the (-rw) last three character of the image.
- Step 4: Search the image on the browser.
- Step 5: After you make a search on the browser it shows you the image on jpg or png format.
- Step 6: Right clicks on the image and save into your Computer, Desktop or Mac.
I hope that this article has helped you to convert the webp image into png format. If not then follow the beyond steps from the beginning and make sure that you have followed the correct steps. These steps can only be used in the chrome browser only.
In this method, we will use a chrome extension to convert the webp image into a jpg format. It is one of the easiest methods to download the webp image into a jpg format. This method only works in the chrome and opera browser only. So make sure that you have these browsers installed on your desktop or Laptop. Follow the below steps to save webp as jpg:
- Step 1: Open the Google chrome and go to chrome web store.
- Step 2: Search Save Image as jpg extension from Google web Store and install it from there.
- Step 3: Search the webp image on your browser.
- Step 4: Right-click on it and Save Image as jpg. That’s it now you can easily save webp image into jpg format.
This is another method to save the webp images into jpg. I hope that it has worked well into your PC if not then check another extension in the Google web store. Make sure that you have also followed proper steps while doing this.
In this method, we are going to use the unsupported browser to covert the webp image into a jpg format. Currently, webp format is supported by Google chrome only so at this point what we can do is use an unsupported browser for converting the webp image into jpg. So the question is how to do it. Follow the below steps to convert webp image to jpg format using unsupported browser:
- Step 1: Open the Google chrome and search the website where you want to convert the webp image into jpg format.
- Step 2: Right click on the image and copy the image address.
- Step 3: Open the Firefox and paste the URL copied of an image.
- Step 4: Download the image
Follow the steps to download the image as a jpg. Firefox does not support the webp format image. That’s why Firefox shows the webp image as a jpg format. I hope that the beyond steps work well on your computer, Mac or desktop.
In this method, we can easily convert the webp image into a jpg format. All we need to do is switch the browser into any other browser which does not support webp image. Coming straight to the point in this method we will use a chrome extension and we will spoof user agent of chrome and opera into another browser. Follow the below steps properly to save the webp image into jpg format:
- Step 1: First open the chrome browser and search the “User-agent switcher” extension into our chrome browser.
- Step 2: Restart the chrome again and click on the extension that you just installed into your browser.
- Step 3: You will see a list of browser in a square box and click on the Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 4: This will switch your browser into Mozilla Firefox and search the image with the URL or through Google searches.
- Step 5: Right click on the image and then save the image using the
same process which you use wile downloading images. Follow the beyond steps to download the webp image. With this method, you can easily download the jpg image with the link or by Google searches. I hope that beyond the article has worked well into your PC, Mac or Desktop.
In this method, we will use an online image converter to convert the web image into a jpg format. There are many websites on the internet from where we can easily save webp images into jpg format. Sometimes we don’t have a link of a particular image so at this time what we can do is just use the online image converter. Follow the below steps to convert the web image to jpg:
- Step 1: Open the chrome and go to zamzar.com website.
- Step 2: With this website we can easily import the webp image to any format we want.
- Step 3: Click on the choose button and select or import the file from the location where you have stored the image.
- Step 4: Click on the convert option and click on the jpg option.
- Step 5: Click on the rectangular option and write your email address and click on convert option.
- Step 6: You will receive the image on the email address given by you.
If you followed the steps wisely than I am sure that you have got your jpg image into an email. This is one of the easiest methods to save webp to jpg. So, I request everyone to follow the steps properly.
If you work more with webp image more than method 6 is best for you. In these methods, we will convert the image using the software. Sometime you may don’t have a proper internet connection. So, at this point what we can do is just use the offline video converter software.
- Step 1: Go to Google chrome and search xnconverter in the Google chrome.
- Step 2: Click on the first result appearing in the chrome and then download the software.
- Step 3: Install the program using the setup file.
- Step 4: Open the xnconverter software in the windows Mac or Desktop.
- Step 5: Click on the add button and select the file where you have stored the webp image.
- Step 6: Click on the output button.
- Step 7: Click on the format on which you want to convert the webp photo.
- Step 8: Click on the input button and click on the convert option.
- Step 9: Close the program and right-click on the software and click on the file location button.
- Step 10: Click on the picture file you will see all the file that you have converted yet.
I hope that the beyond method has worked well into your pc. There are many image converter software among them it is one of the popular and free window app to convert the image. However, you can use any of the software based on your choice.
I hope that the article has helped a lot you for converting the webp image into jpg or any other format you want. If you have any problem regarding the steps then you can comment on us. However, every
method works well in any PC, Mac, or Desktop. So, make sure to read the steps carefully and then only begin to change the photos. Now I am sure you have to learn how to save webp as jpg.