The new and updated version of Facebook also brings some new and exciting features. Now, you can create your own stories about your memories and current status. To connect the community into Facebook, they also started showing the feature of Friends Suggestion. Many people like this feature and use it to make new friends. Some people also dislike this feature. They complained that this feature disturbs them by sending unwanted notifications. Let’s discuss How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook?
What is the “Friend Suggestion” feature?
It is a feature in which Facebook itself sends the name of friends who are living near to your location or connected to you somewhere. This feature will facilitate the people to identify their friends near you.
How does it work?
Suppose you live in California. You have some friends which you know but not connected with you on Facebook. Now, Facebook will analyze the peoples who are living near you or have some connection with you. They notify you as to connect with the person. If you know the person then you can send them a friend request directly from this notification. This is how you can make friends without finding them with their names on Facebook.
Well, this article is for those people who want to disable this feature from their phone. So, let’s discuss the ways by which you can turn off Facebook friend suggestions.
How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook
Unfortunately, you can’t do prevent Friend suggestions on your Facebook completely but by using some ways you can do some settings to prevent the problem of friend suggestion notifications every day.
There are many ways by which you can easily turn off Facebook friend suggestions like
- By turning off friends suggestions
- By turning off email notifications
- Turn off the location permission through your settings.
So, let’s discuss the ways to know How to turn off Facebook friend suggestions on Facebook?
1. How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook? (By Turning off Facebook friend suggestion)
Well, this is a big truth that you can’t turn off Facebook friend notifications completely but to prevent the vast effect of friend suggestions notifications you can turn off your Facebook friend suggestions setting from your phone. Follow these steps to turn off Facebook friend suggestions in your Facebook:-
- If you’re using a desktop then first open your browser and search the official website of Facebook. If you’re using a phone then open your Facebook app and follow the next step.
- Fill your credentials on the Facebook search bar to log-in on your account.
- Now, the process becomes the same for desktop as well as the phone of any operating system which supports Facebook. Go to your Facebook setting which appears in the corner of your screen.
- Now, select the option of notifications. Once you select this option then a new page will open the screen. Find the option of “People you may know” and click on it.
- When you select this option a new page will open and an option of “disable notifications’ ‘ will clearly appear on your screen. Click on this option and come back to your home screen.
After completing these steps you can easily turn off your notifications from Facebook. Now, Facebook can’t send you any notification as well as any friend suggestions notifications and Facebook will stop friend suggestion.
2. How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook? (By turning off email notifications)
If you’re tired from the friend’s suggestions and notifications on your email then you can use this trick to prevent this problem.
- Open your Facebook app or website from your device. Now, go to the setting which appears on the right corner of your screen.
- In the settings option, find the option of ‘Notifications’ and click on it when found. Go to ‘Notifications settings’ and find the option of ’email’ on it. Don’t worry you can easily see this option on your screen.
- Now, you can mute the notifications by clicking an option named ‘Mute push notifications’
Note:- If you want to accept notifications from some of your contacts then you can easily allow the notification in settings.
3. How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook? (By Turning off your location from settings)
This is called one of the best ways to turn off Facebook friend suggestion notifications. This trick is quite different in Android devices and iOS devices. Let’s discuss How to turn off Facebook friend suggestions? (By turning off the locations from
settings in Android phones)
- Unlock your phone and open your app menu in it. Find the icon of settings in it. Which looks like a nut-bolt shaped icon.
- Click on the settings option and find the option of ‘Apps’ in the menu bar of the settings.
- Once you click on this option, a list of applications that are installed On your phone appears.
- Find the icon of Facebook and click on it. Once the icon of Facebook open then click on the option of ‘permissions’
- Now, find the option of ‘Location’ which is clearly mentioned on your screen. In this option, a new option will appear by which you can turn-on or off your location. Click on it to turn-off the location.
How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook? (By turning off the locations from settings in iPhone)
- Unlock your phone and find the option of settings on your iPhone. Now, find the option of privacy in the setting menu of your phone.
- Click to the privacy option which automatically leads you to a new page of options.
- Find the option of ‘Location services‘ which easily appears on your screen in the listed options.
- Now, a list of apps will appear on your screen. This list takes the app which needs your location to operate. Find the icon of Facebook and click on it.
- Turn off the location services in the option of permissions. Click on it and complete the process.
So, these are the ways by which you can turn off the service of notifications which automatically prevents the problem of Facebook friend’s suggestions notifications. It may help those have doubt about how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook.