Whatsapp is the most used social media apps in India. Almost every smartphone holder uses WhatsApp. The reason behind its popularity is, it is very easy to use and also requires a very small amount of internet. One can use WhatsApp even in 128kbps speed. It was very simple at first but then with every update, it improves a lot. Now it offers video calls and even voice calls. In this article, we will tell you everything about how to use WhatsApp. Its features and step by step guide to using.
Features of WhatsApp
- It allows us to chat with any person. You only need to save his/her number and you can easily chat.
- You can also send photos, videos, emoticons, stickers, and many more things to your friends and family members.
- WhatsApp allows us to put a story on it. The procedure is the same as Instagram. The stories will disappear right after 24 hours.
- You can do voice calls and video calls to anyone.
- It consumes a very small amount of internet.
- WhatsApp introduces a new feature that allows us to use the WhatsApp on your laptop. We will discuss the whole procedure of using WhatsApp on laptops.
- You can start a message. The starred message will appear on the screen from the starred option.
- One can pin someone’s chat. It means the chat of the person you pinned will appear on the top of the screen.
- You can also create groups in WhatsApp. There is no limit to adding participants.
- One can archive a chat. Archived chats will appear on the bottom of the screen. You need to click on the archived chats to open the chats you have archived.
- You can change your profile picture at any time.
How to use WhatsApp?
The first thing is how to set up your WhatsApp. Follow the given steps to set your WhatsApp
- Download Whatsapp from the play store. You can also download from google but the play store is the easiest way.
- Now when you open it, you need to fill and verify your number. WhatsApp will send a code to your phone number which you have to put on the given option.
- Once your number got verified then set your name and profile picture. After that click on done.
- After doing this you have successfully made your account on WhatsApp. You are all set to use it. Now let’s talk about how to use it.
How to send photos, videos, and messages?
Follow the given steps to send photos, videos, and any other media to your friend.
- Firstly open the chatbox of your friend whom you want to send these things. Once you have opened the chatbox then the option of sending a message will appear on the screen. You will find ‘ TYPE HERE’ written in an option. Click on it and a keyboard appears on the screen. You can type from that keyboard.
- There is a camera option made on the keyboard section. When you click on it, all the media of your gallery appear on the screen. You can select any photos and videos from that option. Whatsapp also allows us to select more than one photo and videos at once.
- In the same section, you will see a logo of the pin. Click on it and many options will appear. You can send contact numbers, documents, files, and music from that option.
- You will find emoticon, sticker, and other options on the same keyboard.
- On the top right corner of the screen, there is an option of video call and voice call. You can call your friends by clicking on that option.
How to put a status on WhatsApp?
Once you open the WhatsApp, you will find three sections there. One for chats, second for status, and third for calls.
- To put status, click on the status section.
- A green logo will appear on the right side of the bottom. Click on it and select any image and video you want to put on status.
- You can also write anything in your status from the pencil logo.
This covers all the ways to use WhatsApp. Different features with their use are given above. Also, you can find all the call history from the call section. I hope all your doubts are clear now and you are enjoying using your WhatsApp on your new phone.