Technology totally changes the life of human beings. Now, a human can communicate with the whole world from their fingers. People can order anything from their phones and can buy or sell anything from their phones. We can say that we’re living in modern times. Now, people can hold their documents or sheets of business on their devices. This helps to create less use of paper and other equipment.
There are plenty of applications that are available for sheet making and storage services. Google is one of them, “Google sheets” is the platform from Google where you can create your personal business or formal sheets and keep them locked. In this article, we’re going to discuss “Lock cells in Google Sheets”. So, if you want to know how you can lock cells in google sheets then just stick to this article.
How to lock cells in google sheets?
To lock cells in google sheets, follow these steps which are discussed below:-
- Open your Google spreadsheets and start the process to highlight the cell which you want to lock or you can also highlight the range of cells that you want to lock.
- Now, find the option of “Data” this option majorly appears on the top of your screen. Find this option and click on it. Once you click on this option a new menu will open on your screen. Now, click the last option of this menu which is “Protected sheets and ranges“. This option will open the process of locking the cells from your Google sheets.
- Once you click this option a new pop-up window will open which contains some options. Find the option of “Set permission” which appears on the bottom of the pop-up window and covered in a blue box. Once you find that option then click on it.
- When you click on “Set permission” then a new window will open which contains some options. Well, you have to select the option of “Restrict who can edit this range” and select the option of “Only me“.
Note:- There is one more option which you can select as the alternative option of ” Only me” which is “Custom”. This option helps you to allow some collaborators to add who can edit this data. If you select this option then you have to share some details of collaborates in Google sheets. This is one of the biggest advantages of Google sheets that you can add someone to collaborate who can edit the data posted by you.
So, in this way, you can easily lock your cells in Google sheets. I am sure that this data helped you to identify Lock cells in Google Sheets.
Now, let’s discuss some warnings in which you should take care of editing cells.
Creating Warnings to lock the cells
If you don’t want to restrict the cells completely then you can show a warning before the editing of these cells. Follow these steps to know how you can create warnings on Google sheets.
- First of all, you have to reach the option of “Range editing permission” which we discussed in the 4th step of the above steps. Click on the 1st option which is above the option of “Restrict who can edit this range“. Select that option which is named “Show a warning when editing this range”
- Select the option and click on the ” done” option which is placed on the bottom of the options window.
Now, every time when the cells are edited then a warning will automatically occur. So, in these ways, you can completely lock cells in google sheets.